CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8/05/2010

MOPS Convention Day 1

The day started off early...3:30am! But I was so excited to experience this weekend that I hopped right out of bed. Kenny drove Amy and I to the airport and we both got to experience our first CHILD FREE security check point, it was heavenly! Our first flight went by quickly and we decided to stop for lunch during our layover in Atlanta. We ended up at TGI Fridays with a very happy/strange/kinda creepy server. But again, it was CHILD FREE, therefor heavenly! Our second flight was a little scarry as we hit quite a bit of turbulence. We were both happy to land on solid ground, in FLORIDA!!

We met up with another MN mom at our absolutely rediculously beautiful hotel, the Gaylord Palms. We got settled in and then decided to tour our new home for the next few days. We stopped by the "Resource Fair" and loaded up with free christian goodies, so fun!!! Then we went off to our first general session.

The Katinas (a christian band of 5 brothers) started it off with a bang! They sang "Blessed Be Your Name" and I was mvoed to tears (surprise, surprise!).

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name


Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say


Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name


Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering

Blessed be Your name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

I so love that song. My favorite line is "You give and take away, but my heart will choose to stay". God has stripped us of many things lately, but our hearts have only grown more fond of Him. We know that he is preparing our family for something very special, so we will just wait in faith!

The speaker tonight told a story of their foster care daughter. (Kenny and I are currently in the licensing process for foster care so this really hit home!!) She was not growing and the peds couldn't figure out why. After 2 years of no growth, they decided it was time to try some drastic therapies. Right before the appointment, the family adopted their foster care child and gave her a forever home! At the next appointment, she had grown 2 inches!!! The doctor said it was because she finally felt "safe to grow". And that, my friends, is exactly why we love foster care. Praying God will send us our foster kids soon!!!!

The speaker left us with an inspiring message and told us "Be proud to be a mommy tonight!" I so am :)