CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12/01/2010

Selah

Selah has become my new favorite word. It's found in the Psalms 39 times, and I'm pretty sure God thinks that word is a big deal! The only word I say that many times in one day is "No", and to a mom, that's a pretty big word!

Selah.

It translates to a few different things, but the one I like most is "Let those with eyes see and ears hear." It means STOP and LISTEN.  And that is something God is clearly asking me to do right now. I feel pulled in a million directions once again, why is it that things seem to always fall apart at the same time?  There are so many things my heart wants to do right now, but I completely hear God telling me to STOP and LISTEN. His plan is not always my plan. And right now our plans are miles apart!

Selah.

So I wait, trying to imagine a plan better than my own. I know one day I will look back and see how it all made sense, but right now it's taking everything I've got to just stop. I'm not so good at stopping. Which is probably exactly why God is continuously reminding me to STOP and LISTEN. Easier said than done, but we usually aren't called to do easy things.